[open-bibliography] Bibliographical data for the world's lesser known languages

Sebastian Nordhoff sebastian_nordhoff at eva.mpg.de
Fri Mar 2 17:22:45 UTC 2012

Dear all,
for the last 2.5 years, I have been working on Langdoc, a comprehensive
collection of bibliographical data for the world's lesser known languages.
It provides access to more than 180,000 references of descriptive works
such as grammars, dictionaries, word lists, texts etc. Search criteria
include author, year, title, document type, macro‐area, and genealogical
affiliation.

All data are/will soon be  available as RDF and in a variety of other
formats. There should be a SPARQL endpoint later this month.

Data are available under CC-BY-NC due to some issues upstream.

I am hoping to receive feedback about best practices for the further
development of this resource

Best wishes
Sebastian

http://glottolog.livingsources.org/