[open-bibliography] Inviting community engagement on building a bibliographic roadmap

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Jan 15 18:43:31 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Tom Morris <tfmorris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps the documentation and PR doesn't do justice to what is
> actually going to happen, but I'd be a lot more impressed if the LC,
> DPLA, Google (both Books & Search), OpenLibrary, OCLC and an open
> source ILS team or two got together and said we're going to sit down
> and figure out how we work together.

And Europeana. ;-)

Sam, Joris and Sarah (in cc) have been thinking about how we can support
greater transatlantic coordination re: opening up metadata from GLAM
institutions. We have starting thinking about activities/event in this area
for 2013 and it would be great to swap notes on this front.

We also wanted to use this to start connecting open digitisation
initiatives, so we can start to figure out where there are open copies of
public domain works - and what needs to be done [1].

J.

[1] http://blog.okfn.org/2011/07/06/lets-open-up-the-public-domain/

--
Jonathan Gray <http://jonathangray.org/> | @jwyg <http://twitter.com/jwyg>