[open-bibliography] Inviting community engagement on building a bibliographic roadmap

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at okfn.org
Tue Jan 15 19:44:50 UTC 2013

Hi Tom,   (Is this the same Tom from Wikipedia?)

I'm actually planning an event (small scale, about 40 people) for the
"main players" (or those who have potential to be) in OpenGLAM in the US
in March. I do intend on inviting folks from LC, DPLA, OpenLibrary,
OCLC, etc (Google...I'm not so sure at this point...but, this is based
on my professional and personal opinions about Google, digitization,
copyright, etc...so if my "bosses" say we must invite Google, then I'd
invite someone from Google..but, I've been well burned I'm still nursing
my wounds :) )

We'll also be inviting some folks from Europe who are key leaders as
well, so we can have further partnerships transatlantically, as Jonathan
mentioned, and pull ideas and inspiration from what is happening with
Europeana, etc, in the US.

I'm working on it :)

-Sarah

--
Sarah Stierch
US OpenGLAM Coordinator, Open Knowledge Foundation