[open-bibliography] Inviting community engagement on building a bibliographic roadmap

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 16 20:43:40 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Rachel BRUCE <r.bruce at jisc.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Some publishers have said they are seriously thinking about making their
> bibliographic data open, and are making business cases to do so.

Thanks Rachel,
This is very good news and JISC is a very important catalyst. JISC can make
things happen that individuals can't.

As soon this happens please let us know and we can put it under Bibserver
and apply the (JISC-supported) Principles of Open Bibliography.

I shall have a celebratory (small) drink. and a laregr one when something
is actually announced.