[open-bibliography] Inviting community engagement on building a bibliographic roadmap

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Mon Jan 21 10:07:08 UTC 2013

  Adrian Pohl writes

> ORCID IS open data, see http://about.orcid.org/about/what-is-orcid
>
> Quote:
> "ORCID makes its code available under an open source license,

  Where?

> and will
> post an annual public data file under a CCO waiver for free download."

  An "annual public file" but with what data? In any case annual is
  not sufficient to build a service.

  I think an earlier version of this said it would be the data
  contributed by registrants (users), but they have taken that
  out just to say there will be annual data.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                      http://authorprofile.org/pkr1
                                               skype: thomaskrichel