[Open-companies] New Microsite on Corporate Identifiers

Chris Taggart countculture at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 21:43:37 UTC 2011

Patrick

Thanks for sharing that link. Wasn't aware of it -- we were obviously
channelling your ideas when we built theOpenCorporates URI structure ;-)

I'm wondering if much work had been done turning XBRL into linked data, and
also whether there was an ontology for relationships between corporate
entities (and also actions between companies -- mergers, splits, takeovers,
etc). We touched on this a little at the organisational identifiers
workshop in Warsaw, but really only skimmed the surface

Kind regards

Chris

OpenCorporates :: The Open Database of the Corporate World
http://opencorporates.com
OpenlyLocal :: Making Local Government More Transparent
http://openlylocal.com
Blog: http://countculture.wordpress.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/CountCulture