[Open-companies] Hello!

Kaitlin Lee klee at sunlightfoundation.com
Thu Sep 1 21:28:48 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone,

I just signed up to attend OGD Camp and am particularly interested in the
workshop on organization identifiers. Jonathan Gray suggested I join this
list to stay up to date on the topic. I'm a web developer/researcher at the
Sunlight Foundation in the US and have mostly worked on projects regarding
federal spending, including:

Subsidyscope, a database of federal Subsidies: http://subsidyscope.com
Clearspending, a data quality analysis of the US' federal spending portal,
USASpending.gov: http://clearspending.com (going to relaunch with new data
in a week or two)

These projects made it pretty clear that without unique corporate
identifiers it's very difficult to track spending accurately. There are
several proprietary systems here and none of them function that well. I'm
psyched to see what you guys are up to at OGD camp!

Cheers,
--
Kaitlin Lee
Web Developer, SubsidyScope.com | Sunlight Foundation