[Open-data-census] country v jurisdiction

Graeme Jones jonesiom at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 14:53:10 GMT 2013

Hi Ivan

I recommended to Christian at the OKF OGP pre-summit meeting that they
consider a minor switch from "country" to "jurisdiction".  Although Isle of
Man country editor, I also decided to review and upload data on most of the
other offshore jurisdictions in the league table, primarily to baseline and
benchmark the Isle of Man with relevant peers with similar budgets and
internal skills.  The offshore jurisdictions have a high profile role in
the global transparency debate so open government seems a good strategy to
progress.  It seems sensible to include all jurisdictions in the league
table to prompt some uploads from jurisdictions where the open government
score is 0 but particularly to backfill some core jurisdictions such as
Luxemburg, Estonia, Latvia.

The groupings are useful to support automated enquiries and visualisations
and hopefully could include more groupings such as EEA, free trade
agreements, IATI, EITI, etc.

Graeme Jones
Isle of Man country editor, etc.
http://uk.linkedin.com/in/graemejonesiom