[Open-data-census] How is the Census submitting going?

emmy chepkirui emmychepkirui at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 16:39:57 BST 2013

Hi everyone,

I am having a challenge with the lack of standardisation across various
government sources of data. For datasets that cover a range of other
datasets e.g. national statistics that has GDP, unemployment etc, how do
you measure this in the case that some meet some of the criteria and some
do not? For example GDP data exists but data on employment rates do not
exists on the central government agency that collects statistics (KNBS) and
which also charges for and avails upon request some of the data but not
others. At the same time KNBS has data distribution channels listed on its
websites but no standards on how the data is displayed on these various
websites for example the Kenya Open Data Initative (KODI) where not all the
data is there but adheres to open standards. Another channel is the Kenya
Data Portal which has a wide range of bulk data available for download in
various formats but not necessarily open. Which one does one pick?

Regards,
Emmy

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Christian Villum <christian.villum at okfn.org
> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> It's great to see lots of submissions coming in and reviews being done! So
> far we have 22 countries at work.
>
> As you know *we have our deadline for a first pass of a full set of
> submissions this Wednesday, October 2, *so we're looking forward to
> seeing all other countries getting their results in also.
>
> (Let us know if you're pressed for time and cannot make it.)
>
> As a note please remember that as Country Editor you need to login to
> review all submissions before they can appear on the site. To log in, use
> the password that was located in the instructions email and simply follow
> the instructions (let me know if you would like me to re-send the password
> email to you).
>
> Great work, all!
>
> -Christian
>
> --
>
> Christian Villum
>
> Community Manager, Open Government Data + Local Groups Network
> skype: christianvillum  |  @villum <http://www.twitter.com/villum>
> The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>
> *Empowering through Open Knowledge
> *http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |