[Open-data-census] [ogWiFi] Investment.pdf (Google Drive)

Tracey P. Lauriault tlauriau at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 14:31:55 BST 2013

Geez!  Give me some time to reply, just got your email last night.

But yes we will be shutting down OGWifi, there are still about 5 hotspots
but once they go down we will help those fols move onto other things.
However, if you want to use any ot the technology let us know or if you
want to start something up we can help you out.

I now live in Ireland, and the fellahs have kids in school and sports they
are chasing all over, and we could just not do the sales pitches we
wanted.  Futhermore, the community of great geeks were more interested in
mesh and so on and not so keen on the convincing potential hotspot
providers, which is relly where there mundane hard work was.

Cheers

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Sampson, David <
David.Sampson at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca> wrote:

> I am not sure what that status of OGWIFI is.
>
> There are still some of us lurkers waiting for action. According to the
> archives last post on the mailing list before the bellow spam was Dec 2011
>
> But the maintainers seem to be letting some spam through for some reason.
>
> I have also not heard of any recent meetings.
>
> There only seems to be two hostspots left in operation.
>
> Perhaps the business model of OGWIFI is not working out too well or can't
> compete with full service models.
>
> I also notice the Blog is not accessible either.
>
> Perhaps someone can give an update on OGWIFI and its planned direction for
> the list.
>
> Cheers

Tracey P. Lauriault
http://traceyplauriault.wordpress.com/2013/07/23/moving-to-ireland/