[Open-data-census] reflections about the relevance of open data census' datasets

Tracey P. Lauriault tlauriau at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 09:46:26 BST 2013

Emmy and Daniela;

We also brought this up when looking at the Canadian context, the
questionnaire is set up for a centralized national government system (UK)
and does not account for federal or republics which have many layers of sub
national elected entities.  Also, because the questionnaire did not allow
for a 'not applicable' response people either responded no or unsure on
things like transport or in the case of Ireland postal codes as they do not
have any at the moment.

I think your idea about military spending to be very interesting.

I think we need to be reflexive about governments types, methodology, the
nature of the questions, and so on.  And really appreciate your questions
and suggestions.

Cheers
Tracey

Tracey P. Lauriault