[Open-data-census] Census almost finalized

Christian Villum christian.villum at okfn.org
Mon Oct 21 10:51:12 BST 2013

Dear Census Editor community,

After a lot of hard work from everyone involved *we're now nearing the
climax, where the Census is fully up to date* and we'll make a snapshot to
use as base for an announcement in a press release in the week leading up
to the Open Government Partnership Summit in London on Oct 31-Nov 1.

This press release will be sent out under embargo to the press this week -
due for public release on October 28. We'd love to *work with you to help
ensure this gets the most attention worldwide*. Get in touch with
census at okfn.org if you'd like to work with us on getting press attention
and we can help you with all the materials and some guidance on how to
engage with media.

The press release will link to a new, separate and static page titled the
Open Data Index. Please note we will *keep quiet about this publicly until
the launch on the 28th so please hold off on tweeting, blogging etc until
then, so that we can make the biggest impact with the results.*

Thanks for all your work and do get in touch if you have questions or *last
minute revisions or amendments* (we're currently going through everything,
so please ping us first if you would like to make changes - so we know
where and why).

-Christian

--

Christian Villum

Community Manager, Open Government Data + Local Groups Network
skype: christianvillum  |  @villum <http://www.twitter.com/villum>
*Empowering through Open Knowledge
*http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on