[Open-data-census] country editors from romania

Ovidiu Voicu ovoicu at soros.ro
Wed Sep 11 15:03:39 BST 2013

Hi All,

I'm glad to join, together with my colleague Andra Bucur, the Open Data
Census. We will be the country editors for Romania.

We both work with the Open Society Foundation (Soros Foundation) in Romania.
Andra is coordinating our transparency activities, and I am the head of the
public policy department. Andra has a background in law and human rights, I
have studied computer sciences and political sciences and I have specialized
in social statistics. Our organization is one of the most actives in
Romania, on the open data issue, and we are also facilitating the informal
Open Data Coalition. Thus, we count on colleagues from other organizations
to participate in this process with us.

As a side note, we are monitoring OGP Action Plan implementation in Romania,
we have a new project an OER/Open Education, and we are preparing work on
Open Budgets and OpenGLAM. If you need information or help on any of these
issues from Romania, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Ovidiu