[Open-data-census] Open Data Workshop @ OKCon - join on-site or virtually!

Christian Villum christian.villum at okfn.org
Wed Sep 11 15:30:29 BST 2013

Dear Country Editors

As you probably know, next week (September 16-18) OKCon - the Open
Knowledge Conference - takes place in Geneva, organized by the Open
Knowledge Foundation and welcome hundreds of open data professionals from
all over the world.

One of the sessions taking place is the *Open Data Census Workshop*,* on
Monday Sept 16 from 14.00-17.00 CEST*! We are hereby inviting you to join -
either in person, if you're attending OKCon - or virtually via Google
Hangout!

The workshop is a unique opportunity for our Census community to meet face
to face (or face to screen) - and will consist of two parts:

* *First part (the first hour) will be discussing the Census and
brainstorming for the future* - how can we better assess our local open
data policies and influence our governments? How should the Census as a
tool be developed and expanded?

* *Second part we'll split up in two: Some will continue the discussions
and brainstorms for the future - while the rest will be working hands-on
with the Census and our *brand new* submission system!*
We want to expand the Census and for this second part we'll link up
virtually with the rest of the community who could not attend OKCon.
Together we'll explore data and submit, review and expand!

*Why join?* The Open Data Census is one of Open Knowledge Foundation's
highest priorities in 2013-2014 and will be used to highlight citizen's
means to assess their governments' open data efforts, one of the must
discussed topics across the open government data field right now. Join this
workshop to get a better understanding - and get a chance to get familiar
with our new and immensely improved Census submission and reviewing system.

Read more about the
workshop<http://okcon.org/open-data-government-and-governance/session-d/>
and
*sign-up by replying to this email - or to opendatacensus at okcon.org. Please
also let us know if you're joining us virtually.*

(if you're attending in person, don't forget to bring your laptop for the
second part of the workshop).

-Christian & Ton Zijlstra

--

Christian Villum

Community Manager, Open Government Data + Local Groups Network
skype: christianvillum  |  @villum <http://www.twitter.com/villum>
*Empowering through Open Knowledge
*http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on

*Have you registered for OKCon 2013 <http://okcon.org/>?*