[Open-data-census] Canada

Christian Villum christian.villum at okfn.org
Fri Sep 13 12:18:36 BST 2013

Hi Patricia,

That's great, thanks for joining us - we're happy to have you on board! You
are now added to the Country Editor
list<https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjAcHTKULuf8dFBKbEJ5WlFkQkZ3MTd1WnJBUGozbWc#gid=0>and
will be joining our existing Canadian Country Editors Diane and Tracey
(cc'ed here). I hope you can liaise with each other to coordinate the
Canadian efforts.

As mentioned our development team is working on the submission system,
which will be ready for September 15 - and that is when we'll start the
submission phase and start filling and updating the entries.

Until then, there are other activities that we’ll focus on and are hoping
you will help with:

   -

   Subscribe to the Open Data Census discussion
list<http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/open-data-census>(if you
haven't already), as this will be the the main channel of
   communication between all the Country Editors. It's an informal forum and
   the place to address questions, thoughts and concerns.
   -

   Introduce yourself to the list, basically sending a few words about
   yourself - nothing major needed, just a note to say hi to you new fellow
   Country Editors. If you want, you are of course also welcome to add
   anything else else that might be on your mind (perhaps in relation to your
   home country and open data).
   -

   Help us reach more potential Country Editors: If you have good contacts
   or friends, preferably in other countries, please consider letting them
   know of our shared plans to expand and improve the Open Data Census.
   Needless to say, you are also very welcome to spread the word in social
   media etc. to the more general public - for instance by linking to
the announcement
   blog post<http://blog.okfn.org/2013/09/05/open-data-census-join-the-global-citizen-effort-to-assess-the-state-of-government-data/>.

   -

   Start reaching out to your local community to hear if other volunteers
   are up for helping out with researching and submitting data sets for your
   country.
   -

   Start getting familiar with the data from your country in the Open Data
   Census. This way it will be easier to both start submissions yourself after
   September 15, but also help others making submissions.

Again, thanks for joining! We'll get back to you in the next days with more
info, and also soon with introduction to our new improved submission
system, which we are very excited to tell you about.

If you haven't seen them already from the blog post or elsewhere, below
you'll find the links to the various information materials relating to the
Open Data Census and the Country Editor role.

Let us know, preferably on the discussion
list<http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/open-data-census>,
if you have any thoughts, ideas, comments or questions.

Speak soon!

-Christian

Open Data Census
FAQ<https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/document/d/14lrN0Ge4W6X_eRuzvFtUSv2TcUi5Zcmw0YTum37EKOQ/edit>

Country Editor role
description<https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/document/d/1TmqNTQwrQA5gOUX_HUT5o7Z4tWZC3-q1Omw_CINrs4k/edit>

Country Editor list<https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjAcHTKULuf8dFBKbEJ5WlFkQkZ3MTd1WnJBUGozbWc#gid=0>

Open Data Census announcement blog post

--

Christian Villum

Community Manager, Open Government Data + Local Groups Network
skype: christianvillum  |  @villum <http://www.twitter.com/villum>
*Empowering through Open Knowledge
*http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on

*Have you registered for OKCon 2013 <http://okcon.org/>?*