[Open-data-census] Census questions from Russia

Ivan Begtin ibegtin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 14:21:25 BST 2013

Hi everyone!

Here in Russia we are working on review of current open data census for our
country. I am not really sure that we are very-very open country, that's
why I've collected a few questions about census.

*1. About transport timetables.*

Since Russia is federation and republic this data is actually dispersed
over different government agencies, reginal governments and local
governments.
If I understand transport timetables right then it includes:
- rail transport timetables
- air transport timetables
- bus transport timetables

So for Russia nearly all of this data is avaiable but under different
conditions.
Rail transport data well consolidated and actually open except machine
readability and open licenses.
Air transport timetables available via commercial operators.
And bus transport timetables is not consolidated.

We are not really sure how to measure this all.

When I see other countries I find that, for example, Canadian timetables
marked as open (http://2013.census.okfn.org/country/overview/Canada/) but
when I follow the link provided - I can't find anything -
http://data.gc.ca/data/en/dataset?q=transport&catalog_type=Data+%7c+Donn%25C3%25A9es

*2. Emissions of pollutants*
*
*
Actually our situation on openness of this type of data is far from ideal,
at the same time I would like to understand - should we measure water, air
and soil pollutants, or radiation also should be measured?

For example Russian atomic agency provides radiation monitoring data online
- http://www.russianatom.ru/ . It's not opendata yet, but I hope that it
will be soon.

We are still looking for more emission of pollutants data sources.

--
С уважением,
  Иван Бегтин

Директор НП "Информационная культура"
email: ibegtin at infoculture.ru
phone: +7 499 500 96 58, +7 910 426 68 83
website: http://infoculture.ru