[Open-data-census] Global Open Data Index - Important last steps before launching!

Mor Rubinstein mor.rubinstein at okfn.org
Wed Dec 3 15:02:48 UTC 2014

Hello all,

After several months of  intensive work which included planning,
encouraging submissions, country level-reviewing, expert reviewing and
internal quality control checking, we are now almost ready to launch the
Global Open Data Index 2014.

What does this mean?

1. There will be no more changes made from tomorrow lunchtime ( 12:00 PM
GMT).

2. The Index will be "frozen" and the data will move to the new Index
website

3. The data will be sent to a select number of journalists under a news
embargo until Monday Dec 8th at midnight.

4. On Tuesday 9 December, we will launch the Index to the world and reveal
our new website!

If you have any critical concerns about the data of your country in the
Index, please let us know by writing to this email list. No changes will be
possible afterwards.

In addition, if you want to help us to spread the word about the Index you
can do the following things:

1. Write a blog post about the Index.  Keep an eye out for our community
blogs launching next week with your experience of contributing to the Index
2014 and what it means to your country.  If you haven’t written yet and
would like to, please email emma.beer at okfn.org

2. Translate our press release and post on your website or send to your
local press. (please email emma.beer at okfn.org if you would like to help in
translating or distributing the press release).

3. Help us to spread the word in the social media at #openindex14

We are thankful for all of your hard work. The Index was a great community
experience and we are grateful to have such a vibrant and active community.
We’re excited to see how we can leverage these results to improve the state
of open data worldwide.  Keep us posted!

Best regards,
Christian, Emma and Mor