[Open-data-census] Open Data Census meet ODI Certificates

Emma Beer emma.beer at okfn.org
Mon Nov 24 10:44:21 UTC 2014

Dear Stephen and all,

Thanks a lot for raising this important point.  We would very much like to
participate in further discussion on this. Just to let you know we're in
the midst of getting the Index ready for publication, and plan to come back
to it once that is done.

Thanks again for raising and very best wishes,

Emma

On 21 November 2014 at 09:54, Stephen Gates <stephen.gates at me.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> it seems to me it would make sense to have some level of alignment between
> the Open Data Census questions and the questions asked in the ODI
> Certificates.
>
> The ODI Certificate questions really raise the bar on open data and I
> think it would be helpful to recognise the efforts some jurisdictions go to
> in making data useful, usable and encouraging use and showing this in the
> census results.
>
> Is there any interest in pursuing this line of thinking, I am happy to
> assist.
>
> Stephen Gates
> stephen.gates at me.com

Emma Beer

Senior Project Manager |Skype: emma.beer  |  tel: +44 07921 426 523

*Empowering through Open Knowledge*

http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>  |  Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>  |
Newsletter <http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>