[open-data-day] Patting yourself on the back, sharing stories & an apology

Henare Degan henare.degan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 07:35:41 GMT 2011

Hi David,

I'm not normally one to +1 threads but you did an awesome job of organising
and motivating the world of open data hackers (your Tweet to me was what
pushed me to get Australia involved). And that's without even considering
what you and your partner were busy organising - congratulations!

I've added what we got up to in Australia to the
wiki<http://www.opendataday.org/wiki/Opendata_Day_2011_Projects#Tweet_My_Council_-_Sydney.2C_Australia>.
I'm sorry we didn't get to hook up to other cities as we had planned but we
had so much fun here building Tweet My Council that we got carried away
having beers after wrapping up hacking :)

I thought #odhd was such an excellent, practical way of advancing this
important cause. Bravo to the teams worldwide and here's to next year!

Cheers,

Henare