[open-data-day] Wiki is live and ready

David Eaves david at eaves.ca
Wed Dec 12 12:29:00 GMT 2012

Hello open data day organizers!

A couple of updates!

1. The Wiki

Most importantly, the Open Data Day wiki (sans logo) is now live and ready for action. You can see it here.

I've populated many of the pages and created templates for people to work off of.

Most critically, if you are organizing an event, please add it to the city event page.

2. The Website & Translations
As I mentioned before the website is now live. Better still, it is hosted on Github, which means making changes is very easy, you can simply fork the code, write changes and ask for them to be approved. I'll review any changes

This has big implications if you'd like to have a local translation of the website into your native language. Please feel free to fork the code and write a version in your language. I will approve it! Already THackday Portugal has done an updated portuguese version of the new site.

One warning, there is a good chance that I'll edit (not heavily - but a little) the page once or twice before the event. I will let people know if I make changes.

Looking forward to hearing from people!

Dave