[open-data-day] Open Data Catalog enhancements

Johanna Goderre johannagoderre at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 14:37:40 GMT 2013

Hello all,

I am a public health student in the US working on open data issues in
that same field.  As part of this work I have been building a database
of health related open data access points and would like to compare
what I have found with the catalog and submit new information.
http://census.okfn.org/catalogs/

Being new to this list I am unfamiliar with what has already been
discussed regarding the catalog so my apologies in advance for any
repetition!  Many open data initiatives are at the state level and
sometimes county, not just city or country.  Is there a way to provide
greater granulation to indicate other municipality levels?   It would
also be easier if the catalog page had the table listing as well - not
just the map.

The other problem with the geographic ontology is that it will miss
data being released by entities like OECD, World Bank,
CommunityCommons.org, Urban Institute's MetroTrends.org as well as US
Federal releases that are specific to an agency.

Just wondering if these issues have already been discussed or if this
is a good time to do so.

Regards,
Johanna Goderre