[open-data-manual] How do I suggest things for the manual?

Sara Farmer sara.farmer at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 14 16:58:46 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've been a little distracted of late, but am looking into open data sources today (we have a set of developing country data peeps in the house who are asking about them).

1) Where are the major catalogues for open data (i.e. where are the lists of which countries and orgs have open data and where), and would it be useful to add a section to the manual on the lines of "tell people around the world about your data", listing those catalogues (and email lists, e.g. the OKFN one) with suggestions on how to publicise (e.g. useful twitter hashtags etc).

I'll get to 2) later :-)

Thanks,

Sj.