[open-data-manual] Eliciting further contributions - any suggestions?

Julian Tait julian at futureeverything.org
Mon Jun 27 10:16:06 UTC 2011

Hi,

I think it would be good to talk about this at the OKCON - for those of us who are going to be there - as I find the process of contributing difficult. Many of the platforms that have been suggested for submission are alien to me. I do believe there is a cultural issue with all of this and I do want to contribute. I did a bit of work on the Wordpress version, but it seemed that it was made redundant as soon as it started.

Julian

On 27 Jun 2011, at 10:45, Antti Poikola wrote:

> Personally I don't believe that technology is the issue. How about some sort of kick-start (re-start) as part of the coming Open Knowledge Conference in Berlin?
>
> -Jogi
>
> On 27.6.2011 12:39, Tim McNamara wrote:
>>
>> Hi all, I'm a little concerned that we haven't been able to muster any contributions after starting this group.
>>
>> Sara F had a suggestion a few weeks ago that GitHub might be a better place to store the content. I have also been considering http://booki.cc, which powers the very successful FLOSS manuals.
>>
>> Is the technology the issue? Is there anything I can do to make things easier or more interesting?
>>
>> Tim McNamara
>> Professional \\  paperlessprojects.com
>> Personal \\  @timClicks  |  timmcnamara.co.nz

Julian Tait
Open Data Cities and Digital Innovation

M: 44 (0)7802 851 394
Skype: Julianlstar
Twitter: @julianlstar

FutureEverything - Innovation Lab and award winning global festival of art, music and ideas.

FutureEverything 2011
11-14 May, Manchester UK

http://www.futureeverything.org

Download the festival brochure http://futureeverything.org/downloads/FE2011Brochure.pdf