[open-data-manual] Spending data manual

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jan 23 19:59:11 UTC 2012

On 23 January 2012 09:54, Lucy Chambers <lucy.chambers at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi folk,

Welcome :-)

(Minor suggestion: send in plain text to mailing lists if you can as
re-formats down better -- see below where bullet points are lost)

> As part of recent work to map out how civil society organisations use
> spending data, we are planning to produce a Spending Data Manual.

[...]

> Your advice appreciated:
>
> I am keen to get started on this as soon as possible and am seeking the
> wisdom of the list:
>
> Is there scope to integrate this with the Open Data Manual? (e.g. as an
> annex)

Yes.

> Workflows & tools. How was the ODM put together - a sprint, how many
> contributors is a manageable number to work with? Remotely via contributions

I would keep to 3-5 for text sprint. In person is always better but
one could try remote.

For overall view of process see: http://wiki.okfn.org/Events_Guide/Text_Sprints

> Scope, there will clearly be overlap with the main manual and material can
> be recycled. Need to highlight if there are any idiosyncrasies for spending
> data.

Yes, I think starting as an annexe might not be a bad idea. It can
become standalone if it needs to as it grows.

> What else should go in there? I've been starting to brainstorm things that
> could possibly go in here: http://wdmmg.okfnpad.org/manual
>
> ^^ I would be particularly grateful for feedback / contributions on 4. ^^

Will dive in.

Rufus

> Likewise, if anyone on the list would be keen to contribute, please just
> drop me an email!
>
> All the best,
>
> Lucy
>
> --