[open-data-handbook] Open Data Handbook translation finished!

Augusto Herrmann augusto.herrmann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 12:09:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

we just finished the translation of the Open Data Handbook to
Brazilian Portuguese! I still think the translation should be reviewed
independently by other members of the translator team but, if you'd
like to deploy it to the website, so visitors can already have a
working translation to read, it should be ready enough for that.

By the way, I noticed an innacuracy in the following paragraph:

"Although no access to information law gives a right of access to
information in open formats, (...)

Which is no longer true. The Brazilian Acces to Information Law,
enacted in November 2011 (but which will come in effect May 2012),
does have a provision on machine readable and open formats. So,
perhaps there should be an errata to version 1.0 of the Handbook?

Best regards,
Augusto Herrmann
Open Data Team
Ministry of Planning - Brazil