[open-data-handbook] Call for Contributions - drafting the updates

Laura Newman laura.newman at okfn.org
Thu Mar 29 10:50:04 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

The response to the Open Data Handbook v1.0 has been great.

Thanks to everyone who has pointed out areas for improvement. For minor
changes (spelling, links, small corrections), please do keep going as you
are! These are best flagged up by emailing opendatahandbook at okfn.org or
submitting a Github issue here:

https://github.com/okfn/opendatahandbook

Several people have also suggested larger content changes - sections to add
/ areas to explore in more depth etc. I have begun to collect these notes
on an etherpad:

http://okfnpad.org/ODHv1-0

It would be great if we could now start drafting these new sections!

On the etherpad, we can re-work people's comments into sections of text,
which can be built directly into the Handbook. Please do start drafting and
editing there.

Many thanks for all your hard work. Our Google Analytics records show that
the Handbook has been accessed by more than 10,000 people since its
release, so it clearly is highly valued! If you have any questions, or
suggestions for how else we could coordinate this effort, please do let me
know.

All the best,
Laura

--