[open-data-handbook] glossary terms

Alex Morega alex at grep.ro
Sun May 13 13:36:57 UTC 2012

On 12 May 2012, at 20:08, Alex Morega wrote:

> Hello!
>
> We're holding a translation party in Bucharest, for the Romanian version of the Open Data Handbook, and we ran in the following problem: glossary terms can not be translated, they don't show up in the PO file. I see the problem appears for all languages, and in some cases, the messages referring glossary terms (messages that contain :term:`something`) are broken, so hyperlinks to glossary terms are not generated properly.
>
> Is there a way to get around this limitation?

There's also a problem in following-up/tell-the-world.rst[1]: the markup is for ReST field-lists[2] and the i18n engine doesn't pick up those strings, for example "Avoid making people download your press releases".

Cheers,
-- Alex

[1] https://github.com/okfn/opendatahandbook/blob/2a2e7ca17/source/following-up/tell-the-world.rst#making-your-communications-more-social-media-friendly
[2] http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/ref/rst/restructuredtext.html#field-lists