[open-development] Know How Now

Andrew Lamb andrew.lamb at ewb-uk.org
Sun Oct 18 16:36:00 UTC 2009

Hi All,

When we started the Open Development group, I was talking about an event
that I'm now very please to share with you all - see below. Do come! If
you'd like to have a stall at the event, get in touch with me directly.

We're trying to find someone to represent OKFN on a stall at the event also.

Many thanks,

Andrew Lamb

Know How Now

www.knowhownow.org.uk

When: Friday 6th November 11am - 5pm

Where: Great Hall, The Institution of Civil Engineers, One Great George
Street, London

Topic:  Technical Knowledge for International Development

RSVP:  <mailto:knowhownow at ewb-uk.org> knowhownow at ewb-uk.org

Engineers Without Borders UK invites you to Know How Now - a 'Technical
Support Service' Fair and Forum. This event will bring together today's
leading providers of technical knowledge in the international development
and disaster relief sectors for a day of exchange and collaboration.

Current participants include RedR, WaterAid, Practical Action, Engineers
Against Poverty, Appropedia, EngineerAid, Shelter Centre, Mango, Akvo,
Hedon, TechTalk and many more. The day will give you the chance to visit the
stalls and meet the staff from these organisations, join discussion groups
and find out ways to get involved. For development and relief organisations,
companies and interested individuals alike, it is a unique day to network
and find new avenues to share knowledge.

The event will be held on 6th November in the Great Hall at One Great George
Street, London. It will be opened by Professor Paul Jowitt at 11am but the
day is designed for you to drop in anytime for an hour or more. If you would
like more information, please see the attached invitation or visit our
website at  <http://www.knowhownow.org.uk/> www.knowhownow.org.uk.

If you wish to attend this event please e-mail
<mailto:knowhownow at ewb-uk.org> knowhownow at ewb-uk.org. Entrance is free of
charge. Nearest London Underground Station is Westminster.

Chief Executive

Engineers Without Borders UK

www.ewb-uk.org

Address: c/o The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge, CB1
2ES, UK

Email: andrew.lamb at ewb-uk.org

Tel: +44 (0)1223 305 888

Mobile: +44 (0)774 054 2348

Fax: +44 (0)870 123 1905

Skype: andrew.lamb

Engineers Without Borders UK is registered in England & Wales and is limited
by guarantee.

Registered Company No.: 4856607. Registered Charity No.: 1101849.