[open-development] World Bank: New Practitioner Resources onAccess to Information

karin.christiansen at publishwhatyoufund.org karin.christiansen at publishwhatyoufund.org
Wed Aug 4 11:37:40 UTC 2010

Chris, John in terms of input into the access to information role out, Catalina is part of a group, lead by the Bank Information Centre, working on this and we'd be happy to incorporate any suggestions etc

On the World Bank, while they are trying (in both senses) it is worth differentiating the WB Institute from the Bank proper.

Karin

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>
Sender: open-development-bounces at lists.okfn.org
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:41:07
To: open-development<open-development at lists.okfn.org>
Subject: Re: [open-development] World Bank: New Practitioner Resources on
	Access to Information

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 6:11 AM, Chris Watkins
<chriswaterguy at appropedia.org> wrote:
> 1. Good to see the WB showing an awareness of this.
> 2. Frustrating to see them telling the world "how it's done" when
> their own standards of openness are  in need of serious improvement.

You saw this right?

http://blog.okfn.org/2010/04/20/world-bank-opens-up-development-data/
http://ckan.net/package/world-bank

This too:

http://www.worldbank.org/wbaccess
http://www.worldbank.org/html/extdr/worldbankreform/

And this?

http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/NEWS/0,,contentMDK:22634909~pagePK:34370~piPK:34424~theSitePK:4607,00.html

What else should they be doing? (Not a rhetorical question!) ;-)

All the best,

Jonathan