[open-development] Data catalogue from Sunlight Labs - possible platform for intl aid data registry?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Feb 25 13:28:33 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Joe Pringle <jpringle at forumone.com> wrote:
> Either way, on a related topic we also happen to be doing a
> totally separate project right now focused on developing a data catalogue,
> and as part of that are mapping out a metadata schema.  Based on this, we
> could probably contribute to your question below about what metadata a
> catalogue of data sets should include, and might have some ideas about the
> user interface as well; which will be important as these repositories
> scale to include thousands of data sets.

Good to hear Joe!

It would be great if you'd consider joining our ckan-discuss list to
make sure we're on the same page about this stuff! Representatives
from several other catalogue projects are on this list and we're using
it to discuss longer term issues related to interoperability, metadata
and so on.

FYI notes on recent meeting are at:

  http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-discuss/2010-February/000055.html

All the best,