[open-development] Open MDG

Mark Charmer mark at movementdesign.org
Tue Nov 2 11:56:25 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I'd be very happy to participate in whatever way you need here. As you know Akvo's at the front of the Dutch government's efforts to make development aid spend visible online.

Yesterday the Dutch Foreign Ministry confirmed its MFS2 funding allocation to 2015, and I'm delighted to say we will be providing open reporting systems online for at least €100 million worth of Dutch development aid projects over the next five years, all running on the Akvo platform. Some of you will be aware that Akvo was funded as an open source project by the Schokland Fond in the Netherlands, specifically to drive innovation in meeting the MDGs.

Tariq, maybe you could buzz me when it's convenient and we could look at what we might cover. We're also still keen to look at making the system IATI-compliant and I know you were going to share more guidelines on that.

Best regards
Mark

===
Mark Charmer
Co-founder
Akvo

mark at akvo.org
www.akvo.org
Read our blog:  http://www.akvo.org/blog

M +44(0)7976 960739, T +(0)207 252 3399
25 Blue Anchor Lane, Bermondsey, London, SE16 3UL, United Kingdom
Twitter: @charmermark