[open-development] Open Aid/Development Data - Call to strengthen our community

Claudia Schwegmann claudia.schwegmann at openaid.de
Tue Nov 8 09:39:32 UTC 2011

Dear all,
In
 the last couple of days I have been talking to some of you to take
forward the discussion held on the open development data satellite event at the
Open Government Data Camp in Warsaw and on the Open Aid Data Conference in Berlin.

There was a strong feeling in Warsaw that more coordination and cooperation for future activities on open aid/development data is desirable. There have also been discussions on joint activities, e.g. in collecting "shining examples", developing open data manuals, building an evidence base and reaching out to infomediaries and users of data. While some activities can be done immediately, others need fundraising.

I would like to share the points
discussed more widely and invite your feedback.

Please check out this google doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8teBeN8-NjZaVHHEiKD53CezYOusE9eingG2B5AreI/edit

I probably forgot people on the list! Please feel free to forward!

Greetings, Claudia

Claudia Schwegmann
Birkenkamp 41
30900 Wedemark