[open-development] Open Aid/Development Data - Call to strengthen our community

Andreas Westerwinter westerwinter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 21:00:58 UTC 2011

Best Claudia,

Thanks for including me in your list. Excellent initiative and a most useful breakdown of current situation and possible next steps.

I’m writing this from my BB and cannot amend the google doc yet hope this will help to join a useful debate.

>From my Paris – mainly UNESCO based – angle, I would suggest the following points

- develop specific sectors, I suggest education for parochial reasons, with clear deliverables and a road map for next 12 mths within the sector
- secure funding for capacity-building and establishment of a knowledge base within each sector
- ensure public intervention at a few select international occasions, involving NGOs and parliamentarians
- secure participation of “less exposed” countries in the south, to avoid the word “donor darlings” in these technical debates which frequently drain capacity for small countries.

Hope this helps and look very much forward to next steps,

a.