[open-development] Aid and Development Group on the DataHub

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Apr 23 20:07:18 UTC 2012

Hi All,

There's a "group" on the DataHub for us to collect together datasets
related to Aid and Development:

<http://datahub.io/group/international-development>

Rather than just listing all aid or development related datasets I
suggest this focus on listing datasets which are of high value and/or
high quality (we can always use a tag like "aid" or "international
development" for a general list of those datasets
<http://datahub.io/tag/aid>).

Criteria could be things like:

* Actual data (not listings or other data catalogs)
* Documentation including good overview and information on the DataHub
* Licensing
* Bulk data available
* API available (well documented)

I've changed the group set up so that any (logged in) user can add
datasets to the group at the present time -- if needed we can change
this in future to have a designated set of editors. I've also made Tim
(Davies) and Mark (Brough) initial group administrators (responsible
for overall curation and management of the group including). If anyone
else would be interested in taking on group administration
responsibilities please say and we can sort that out.

Regards,

Rufus