[open-development] Fwd: [ECF] Launching Today: Land Matrix

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Apr 30 16:12:32 UTC 2012

I've now created a dataset on the DataHub:

<http://datahub.io/dataset/land-matrix>

And linked the database CSV (the data has imported to the DataHub
datastore so there's now a data API):

<http://datahub.io/dataset/land-matrix/resource/f46a9192-cf2b-410e-b4f7-dc80538e5541>

Here's a simple bar graph using the Data Explorer of purchases by
Investor in 2005:

http://goo.gl/WUjlR

Jaya Tiasa are buying a lot of land (they're a foresty company from
Malaysia it seems)!

I also discovered some errors with the data as a result of doing this:
the Year hear is missing. I've booted a datasets git repo to store the
raw data (and some scripts):

https://github.com/datasets/land-matrix

Fix for missing heading is here:

https://github.com/datasets/land-matrix/commit/2a0a9c34c71853fa9894c90bc3de2540d2cd22b6