[open-development] Open Development Panel at ICT4D

Caitlin Bentley caitlin.bentley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 10:44:58 UTC 2012

Thanks Tim!

Indeed we are very excited about the Open Dev session at ICTD 2012 next
week. We’ve got some great speakers on our panel including:

   - Linda Raftree, Plan USA
   - Varun Arora, Open Curriculum
   - Matthew Smith, IDRC
   - Ineke Buskens, GRACE Network
   - Bjorn Soren Gigler, World Bank

The panel will take place next Thursday, March 15 at 16:15-17:30 EST. If
you are not going to be at ICTD, we will be streaming the panel portion
running for the first 45 mins, and there will be opportunities for
comments/questions via Twitter and the live stream, so please join us and
contribute!

   - Live stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ict4d
   - Twitter hashtag: #open-ict4d, I will be live-tweeting (@cbentl2), and
   I'm sure the others will as well if they can (@openICT4D, @phat_controller,
   @meowtree).

Following the panel we will be doing a sort of crowsourcing of pertinent
research and practice questions intended to draw out our priorities for how
we want to go forward with open development in the ICT4D community. It
would be my pleasure to summarize the panel and subsequent discussion for
the OKFN blog. Linda and Tony will also be blogging (
http://lindaraftree.wordpress.com/ , http://laptopburns.wordpress.com/) so
I imagine we can all collaborate, just haven't asked them yet ;)

I am also involved in another interesting session on Mobiles, social media
and democracy (http://www.ictd2012.org/opensessions/403) , just wanted to
mention because we will be live streaming that session via the same link (
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ict4d), and I will be live tweeting that as
well (#SocMed4Dem), but in the morning from 9:15-10:30 EST.

Finally, apologies in advance if there are any technical problems out of
our control.

Best wishes,

Caitlin

2012/3/7 Tim Davies <tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk>

> Just spotted:
> http://openict4d.wikidot.com/ictd-2012:does-openness-enhance-development
>
> For anyone on this list going to ICTD conference it looks like this panel
> is well worth getting along to.
>
> Looking forward to hearing what comes out of it. If anyone who goes would
> like to write a blog post afterwards for http://open-development.okfn.organd/or the main OKFN blog, that would be great...
>
> All the best
>
> Tim
>
> --