[open-development] PAX proposal and open data

Catherine Dempsey catherineldempsey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:54:42 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I've just joined the list and writing to introduce the project I'm working
on - still in nascent form, PAX is a proposal to create an online
collaborative early warning system for emerging violent conflict using
citizen reporting, social media and mobiles.  We're talking with conflict
prevention NGOs and keen to continue conversations, not only in terms of
providing evaluated data for advocacy and campaigning, but also looking at
NGO open data.

We recently finished a feasibility study supported by Google and are now
working on development and fundraising for a pilot in one area (with
Ushahidi's SwiftRiver platform).  I attach a copy of our exec summary for
further info, and would be really interested in any thoughts this may
provoke.

All best,
Catherine Dempsey
Research Consultant