[open-development] New publication: Information Platform for Business Intelligence in the Aid Sector

Rolf Kleef rolf at openforchange.info
Thu Sep 13 13:10:13 UTC 2012

Announing a new publication: "An Information Platform for Business
Intelligence in the Aid Sector based on Open Data and Documents;
Integrated Access to structured and unstructured data using the
document-oriented database CouchDB", by Michiel Kuijper.

Earlier this year, I was approached by Michiel, who was working on his
Bachelor degree at the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, and was
looking for a project to combine Business Intelligence and text mining.

Michiel has put together a proof of concept "platform for business
intelligence" based on CouchDB, using OpenCalais to annotate documents
and with a front-end based on Exhibit and Simile.

We're tidying up the code a bit still and will put it on github, his
thesis is available via:

http://openforchange.info/content/new-publication-business-intelligence-aid-sector

(I'll be in Helsinki next week, if you're at OKFest too I'll be happy to
discuss this.)

--Rolf.

*/  Rolf Kleef      rolf at openforchange.info
/*  twitter: @rolfkleef      skype: rolfkleef      cell: +31 617 232 772
Open for Change: Network for transparency and impact in development
http://www.openforchange.info      twitter: @open_for_change