[open-development] Follow OKFest via Live Stream

Tim Davies tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 20:09:36 UTC 2012

Hello all,

OKFest is all being livestreamed at http://okfestival.org/

This is just a quick reminder that wherever you are, you can join us for a
number of the sessions organised by this Open Development Working Group at
the Open Knowledge Festival tomorrow (19th September) and Thursday (20th
September). We've got over 70 people here specifically for the open
development track, but we know there are hundreds more people who could be
taking part remotely too.

All the sessions are being live-streamed and recorded, and we'll be
watching the #okfest and #opendev tags on Twitter for remote input. Please
do share with your networks too.

Find the live streams linked from the front page at
http://www.okfestival.org  - we look forward to seeing you virtually there
tomorrow...

We're on Helsinki time (GMT+3). You can find a full programme at
http://okfestival.org/onlineschedule/#wed and find some of the highlights
below (with the stream to tune into...):

INSPIRE AUDITORIUM:
Wednesday 10am: Keynote talk from Philip Thigo of SODNet Kenya

Wednesday 11.30am: Open Development is a Freedom Song - our experimental
panel to explore different visions of open development.

MEET 8th FLOOR AUDITORIUM
Wednesday 2pm: Aid Flows: exploring IATI and open aid information

Wednesday 4pm: Africa Hubs live link up with groups around the world (may
not be webcast... depending on technical issues)

Wednesday 6pm: Open Development - Taking It Local

And then on Thursday we've got Lightening Talks taking place in the INSPIRE
FOYER at 2pm, a joint session with open research on Crowdsourcing in the
INSPIRE MEETING ROOM at 11.30am, and sessions on IATI for NGOs from 11.30
in the MEET 8th FLOOR Auditorium.

Plus, on Thursday at 6pm we'll have Hans Rosling webcast from the INSPIRE
AUDITORIUM, speaking as part of the data journalism track of OKFest.

So - whether you've got time to tune in all day, or just to drop by in a
break, we hope to see you on the live stream...

Tim

P.S. I will also take advantage of this e-mail to say a MASSIVE thanks to
all the team who have put together the amazing programme above,
particularly Sarah, Pernilla, Mika, Linda, Duncan and Claudia who have been
working flat out to sort everything from bursaries, meals and accomodation,
to speakers, sessions and video projects.