[open-development] Updates from OKFestival

Tobias Eigen tobias at saidia.org
Mon Sep 24 17:32:26 UTC 2012

Hi Lucy - I'm so glad you posted this update from Helsinki. I regretted not
being able to make it to the festival and then was unable to pay as close
attention to it remotely as I was hoping. Would you mind if I repost your
blog post on Kabissa to share it with our niche network serving African
civil society?

As things settle down for you I'd be interested in talking more with you
about Kabissa, which the board of directors just decided last week to
transition from a volunteer-run networking platform to a larger
organization with staff and more programs. We are still working things out,
but know already that we'd like one of the new programs to be to maintain
an open data directory of African civil society organizations, as discussed
in the Kabissa community at http://kabissa.org/open. We will soon start
looking for partners to help fund and implement the open data directory.

I also would like to crosspost your post on slashopen.net, a site I created
last year to help spread open data by encouraging people to create a /open
URL on their websites. A number of people started doing it this week and
tweeting about it, presumably somehow in connection with the festival.
Looks like wikipedia might get a /open
URL<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(technical)#Slash_open>and
Lasa
just created theirs <http://lasa.org.uk/open/> this week.

If anyone wants to contribute to either the Kabissa or /open blogs to
report back from Helsinki or to share about your work relevant to the
sites, let me know or go ahead and join the sites and request blogger
access. They are community sites open to all that want to help out.

Warm regards,

Tobias

*//\//\//\//\//\//\**//\//\//\//\//\//\**//\//\//\//\//\//\*
*
*
*Tobias Eigen*
9670 Olympus Beach Rd NE