[open-development] OKCon 2013

Tim Davies tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk
Tue Apr 30 15:12:55 UTC 2013

Hello all,

>From what I can gather through the webiste (http://okcon.org/) the Open
Knowledge Conference this year in Geneva is set to be a slightly smaller
affair than OKFest was in Finland, but, open development is on the agenda
under the heading 'Open Development and Sustainability'. The overall
conference theme is 'Open Data - Broad, Deep, Connected'.

The dates are announced for 17th-18th September.

Beatrice, the events co-ordinator at OKF, is looking for someone to act as
co-ordinator for this 'Open Development & Sustainability' part of the
programme, taking an editorial role in selecting speakers or lightening
talks, and being there in Geneva to facilitate that part of the programme.

As the conference will only be 2 days long this year, as opposed to the 4
days of the Festival, other open development events are likely to need to
take place in fringe events if members of the community want to organise
these.

I'm not around in September, so won't be taking an active role in
organising for OKCon this year - but have said to Beatrice that I would put
the call for a co-ordinator out to the list to see if anyone is willing to
take on this role. Beatrice is keen on having an individual rather than a
group in this role. If you are interested - please let me / the list know -
and if there are lots of people we can have a discussion to work out who is
best placed to take pn the role. Even if you've not been heavily involved
in open development activities before do feel free to put yourself forward
if you think you've got ideas for curating this part of OKCon.

All best wishes

Tim

--

http://www.timdavies.org.uk