[open-development] Fwd: [School-of-data] data management for developing (3rd world) countries?

Victor Miclovich A. K. vicmiclovich at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 07:28:20 UTC 2013

Hi.

I have worked in situations with low network coverage.

What usually happens is:
- data is cached or stored on a smartphone if it is the rich kind (images,
video,audio) and then synced to the "cloud"
- GSM is usually availabe, if it is, we resorted to collecting data by SMS.

For good examples please check.out, unicef's (and Thoughtwork's) RapidFTR
project (family reunification & tracking project) for some usecases.

Regards,
Victor