[open-development] The ongoing debate on opendev

Rolf Kleef rolf at openforchange.info
Fri Dec 6 20:33:38 UTC 2013

Hi all,

It's already a month since Open Development Camp in Amsterdam, where we
tried to move the debate about "open development" a bit further again
(with the debate on this list, in blog posts, and the OKCON as inputs).

With the ICT4D conference starting, we just posted Kersti's reflections
on the debate at ODC13, as well as a preliminary list of topics we hope
to explore further in the months ahead towards OKFest in Berlin

(In a series of online debates hosted by OKFN and Open for Change, more
to follow on this soon.)

http://openforchange.info/content/opendev-debate-okcon-and-odc13-okfest

Personally, I'd love to have been able to attend the discussion on
Tuesday ("ICT4D & Online Freedoms: Competing Paradigms or Converging
Agendas"), and hope we can bring the best of "Technology for
Development" and "Digital Rights" movements together :-)

Looking forward to hearing the outcomes in Cape Town!

--Rolf.

--
Rolf Kleef                Open for Change, network for open development
rolf at openforchange.info +31617232772 @rolfkleef www.openforchange.info

Internet trailblazer. Weaving the web to help humanity. Implementing
open data, open organisations and online collaboration in civil society.