[open-development] Sign our petition for Lobbying Transparency in the UK

Katelyn Rogers katelyn.rogers at okfn.org
Mon Dec 9 16:28:29 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

(apologies for cross-posting)

Today the Open Knowledge Foundation and the Alliance for Lobbying
Transparency are co-launching a petition endorsed by a group of
transparency and civil society organisations, asking the UK government to
rewrite the lobbying bill to give citizens a proper register of lobbyists
in the UK.

Read the blog post here:
http://blog.okfn.org/2013/12/09/sign-our-petition-asking-the-uk-government-to-stop-secret-corporate-lobbying/
Sign the petition here: http://you.38degrees.org.uk/p/secretlobbying

It is a crucial moment for lobbying transparency in the UK, as the
government is passing a Lobbying Bill full of toothless proposals that will
let corporate lobbyists off the hook, whilst being framed as a victory for
open government. We believe that citizens should be able to see who is
influencing their governments

If you're interested in improving lobbying transparency in your country,
join the global lobbying transparency working
group<http://blog.okfn.org/2013/10/29/new-lobbying-transparency-working-group-from-the-open-knowledge-foundation-and-the-sunlight-foundation/>,
which we run together with Sunlight Foundation:

Please share far and wide!

Thanks,
Katelyn

--

Katelyn Rogers

Working Groups Community Manager  | katelyn.rogers at okfn.org
<https://twitter.com/joebloggs> |
Skype: katelynjrogers

Empowering through Open KnowledgeHi there,