[open-development] Open Data in Developing Countries

Claudia Schwegmann cl.schwegmann at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 07:41:06 UTC 2013

Dear Tim, Gerry and Sano

Thanks a lot for your comments and @Tim for the links.
As you rightly point out, Gerry, some countries are so corrupt, they need a
radical reform of government. In some cases fighting corruption may be one
important driver. So, it would be very good to hear from people about the
discussions at national level: Who is pushing for open data and/or OGP and
for what reasons.

Sano, Cambodia is not part of OGP, but are there any discussions going on
about joining OGP? Are there initiatives on open data? Who is driving such
discussions and initiatives if they exist?

Best wishes
Claudia

--
Claudia Schwegmann
*Open Knowledge Foundation Germany* <http://okfn.de>

Tel/Fax +49 (0) 5130 609691
Mobil +49 (0)163 326 6504
Twitter @OpenAidGermany
Skype Claudia.Schwegmann

*Die Open Knowledge Foundation setzt sich für offenes Wissen ein! Sie auch?
<http://okfn.de/organisation/spenden/>*