[open-development] "Increasing Interoperability of Social Good Data" Challenge from Gates / Liquidnet for Good

Tim Davies tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk
Thu Mar 14 14:16:25 UTC 2013

Hey Tariq, all

I've just been looking into this in mode depth and it looks like a great
opportunity to put forward some ideas for tools and approaches that would
make open data more interoperable. I'm considering how some of the ideas
from the Aid Information Toolkit (
http://wiki.iatistandard.org/wg/toolkit/start) might respond to this
challenge - but the real value is when we make aid data join up with other
datasets to help improve social investment etc.

So - if we were to do something on making aid data more interoperable -
what should it be more interoperable with? What are the existing datasets
that we should be connecting up? I'd love ideas from list members to see if
there is an interesting open-development WG project here...

All the best

Tim

http://www.timdavies.org.uk
07834 856 303.