[open-development] Partnership for Open Data's Impact Stories Competition

Rahul Ghosh rahul.ghosh at okfn.org
Fri Feb 21 08:07:23 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

I am Rahul, and I just joined the Open Knowledge Foundation a month back. I
am currently working with the Partnership for Open Data covering impact
stories of how opening up data affects those in developing countries.

This week we launched an impact stories competition which I wanted to share
with you (below). Please help spread the word. Thank you. :)

Best wishes,
Rahul
rahul.ghosh at okfn.org

*Click to enter the
Competition: http://okfn.org/pod/impact-stories-competition/
<http://okfn.org/pod/impact-stories-competition/>*

*How has Open Data impacted you and your community?*

Over the last decade, Open Data initiatives have become increasingly
popular with both governments and civil society organisations. Through
these initiatives they hope to tap into its potential benefits of
innovation, delivery of better services more cost effectively, combating
climate change, improving urban planning, and reducing corruption; to name
but just a few of the possibilities.

We want to know how opening up data impact those in developing countries.
The Partnership for Open Data (POD) <http://okfn.org/pod/> is a joint
initiative of the Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>, the Open
Data Institute <http://theodi.org/>, and The World
Bank<http://data.worldbank.org/> to
research, support, train and promote open data in the context of low and
middle income countries<http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-classifications/country-and-lending-groups%20#Low_income>.
We invite you to share with us your stories about how open data has
positively impacted you, or those around you; technologically, politically,
commercially, environmentally, socially, or in any other way.

*This is the chance to tell your inspiring stories, and get them published.*

*A grand prize of $1000 (USD) is also on offer, and there are 2 x $500
(USD) runner up prizes!*