[open-development] Berlin: planning Friday group session on "Follow the Money"

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun Jul 13 09:02:55 UTC 2014

This sounds great - and I'd love to make this!

Rufus

On 12 July 2014 22:10, Jed Miller <jedbmiller at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, all,
>
> Glad to be linked up with friends and colleagues here.
>
> I've included a short self-introduction below, but am writing to seek your
> availability and interest in a working session this Friday in Berlin, for
> groups focused on linking datasets from multiple sources in order to
> "Follow the Money" for greater accountability and real policy change.
>
> With Alan Hudson and the Follow the Money network (
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/FTM_network), we're proposing
> this session as a morning breakout during the Fringe Event day following
> OKFest.
>
> If you are working to link and "join-up" data to turn interoperability
> into powerful advocacy, it's a chance to share our projects and see where
> the overlaps and potential advocacy and data linkages are.
>
> The draft session plan is attached and open for comment on a Google doc.
> We've also linked it on the hackpad for Friday's Fringe Event, below:
>
> Follow the Money Working Session Draft doc:
> *http://goo.gl/ObSg4x <http://goo.gl/ObSg4x> *
>
> Please take a look and let us know your interest and availability during
> the Friday agenda. You can also share comments in the Google doc.
>
> Looking forward to seeing you in Berlin and at the session!
>
> With thanks,
>
> Jed Miller
>

> *---Open Development Fringe Event--- *
> https://pad.okfn.org/p/Open_Development_Fringe_Event
>
> http://www.makingallvoicescount.org/events/open-development-okfestival-fringe-event/
>
> *---FtM Network---*
> OKFest Session early this week:
>
> http://okfestival2014.sched.org/event/e9314f2b52131c32818ecd4b23384c68#.U7Rj9I1dWfR
> FtM Google group:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/FTM_network
>

> *About me: Currently blog editor and an organizer for T/AI's TABridge
> project (http://tech.transparency-initiative.org
> <http://tech.transparency-initiative.org>) and digital strategy consultant
> to Natural Resource Governance Institute (formerly RWI) and the Open
> Society Foundations, among other groups. I was previously Internet director
> at RWI and before that at the American Civil Liberties Union. In 2013, I
> worked with OKF, RWI and others to convene an early Follow the Money
> session scoping options and challenges to interoperable data for advocacy
> across the extractives, governance, aid, budgeting and contracting sectors.
> More at @jedmiller on Twitter
> and http://tech.transparency-initiative.org/keeping-in-sync-as-we-open-up/
> <http://tech.transparency-initiative.org/keeping-in-sync-as-we-open-up/>.*

*Rufus PollockFounder and President | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock
<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> - see
how data can change the world**http://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn
<http://twitter.com/OKFN> | Open Knowledge on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |  Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>*

*Come to the Open Knowledge Festival <http://okfestival.org/> in Berlin
15-17 July 2014!*

The Open Knowledge Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation.  It is
incorporated in England & Wales as a company limited by guarantee, with
company number 05133759.  VAT Registration № GB 984404989. Registered
office address: Open Knowledge Foundation, St John’s Innovation Centre,
Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, UK.