[open-development] OKFest session proposal: Perspectives on open knowledge: an open panel

Tim Davies tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 23:52:54 UTC 2014

Hello all

We had a great call this morning talking about possible session proposals
for OKFest 2014. Under current actions in the Hackpad at
https://hackpad.com/OpenDev-at-OKFest14-SDobXcJkwPC you can find a list of
all the possible sessions that were talked about*.

One I promised to work up a proposal for was titled 'Open Knowledge &
Diversity' - with the idea that we repeat the 'open panel' idea used in
Helsinki[1] (sort of like a Fishbowl debate on stage) to discuss what open
knowledge means from different contexts - and surface some of the tensions
and opportunities that come up when we think about the important aspects of
open knowledge from the perspective of different countries, level of
development, or issues.

The draft proposal is at:
https://hackpad.com/Open-Knowledge-Diversity-An-open-panel-7tNuWvLQVTX

I would love feedback (including on the title - currently changed to
'Perspectives on Open Knowledge') and anyone who wants to be named as a
co-organiser, or who might be willing to be a starting panelist for this if
it was accepted.

Thanks in advance

All the best

Tim

[1]: http://www.timdavies.org.uk/2012/10/02/reflections-on-an-open-panel/
* There might be a flurry of OKFest e-mails over the next few days. If you
have any questions about this - don't hesitate to ask and speak-up. If you
are new to the open-development list then your voice is particularly
important!

--

w: http://www.timdavies.org.uk | m: 07834 856 303 | twitter: timdavies

Co-director of Practical Participation: