[open-development] OKFest session proposal: Perspectives on open knowledge: an open panel

Everton Zanella Alvarenga tom at okfn.org.br
Wed Mar 12 04:46:37 UTC 2014

Hi Tim,

this sounds interesting. Are you happy to include gender gap we have in the
open world? I'm just asking this, since the subject is fresh on my head for
we are discussing who from OKF Brazil networking will be part of the
advisory board of OKF Central, and it was noted the big bias we have here <
http://okfn.org/about/advisory-board/> with its majority composed of guys -
for sure when I mention the gap in open world I mean a broaden problem
instead of a particular advisory board.

I'm also ccing here professor Gisele Craveiro, president of the Open
Knowledge Brazil, who might be interested to join this presentation.

Tom

> Hello all
>
> We had a great call this morning talking about possible session proposals
> for OKFest 2014. Under current actions in the Hackpad at
> https://hackpad.com/OpenDev-at-OKFest14-SDobXcJkwPC you can find a list
> of all the possible sessions that were talked about*.
>
> One I promised to work up a proposal for was titled 'Open Knowledge &
> Diversity' - with the idea that we repeat the 'open panel' idea used in
> Helsinki[1] (sort of like a Fishbowl debate on stage) to discuss what open
> knowledge means from different contexts - and surface some of the tensions
> and opportunities that come up when we think about the important aspects of
> open knowledge from the perspective of different countries, level of
> development, or issues.
>
> The draft proposal is at:
> https://hackpad.com/Open-Knowledge-Diversity-An-open-panel-7tNuWvLQVTX
>
> I would love feedback (including on the title - currently changed to
> 'Perspectives on Open Knowledge') and anyone who wants to be named as a
> co-organiser, or who might be willing to be a starting panelist for this if
> it was accepted.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> All the best
>
> Tim
>
> [1]: http://www.timdavies.org.uk/2012/10/02/reflections-on-an-open-panel/
> * There might be a flurry of OKFest e-mails over the next few days. If you
> have any questions about this - don't hesitate to ask and speak-up. If you
> are new to the open-development list then your voice is particularly
> important!
>
> --
>

> w: http://www.timdavies.org.uk | m: 07834 856 303 | twitter: timdavies
>
> Co-director of Practical Participation:
> http://www.practicalparticipation.co.uk

Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
OKF Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre
http://br.okfn.org